Last year I liaised with a number of other wedding experts and together we wrote a fantastic ebook, full of essential hints and tips to help you organise your wedding with the minimum of fuss. It’s called Secrets from the experts: how to remember your wedding for all the right reasons and avoid a whole world of work, stress and tears! It’s available to download from the bar at the top of the site, so what are you waiting for?!
Vicky at Victoria’s Bridal Boutique kindly offered her thoughts regarding choosing a wedding dress, and here’s what she had to say:
1) What are your top 3 tips for anyone choosing a wedding dress?
- Pick a shop with good reviews and feels approachable, you want to feel comfortable trying on dresses. Don’t hesitate to pick up the phone or drop them an email with any questions about how they run an appointment, price range and sizes they carry. I’m always more than happy to have a chat with anyone.
- Turn up with an open mind, this could be the only time you get to try on wedding dresses and you may be really surprised at what suits you. I always say it’s better to leave an appointment knowing what you don’t want as much as knowing what you do. There are so many little extra things that can be done to tweak a dress to make it perfect and until you try it you just don’t know.
- On your first appointment try not to bring too many people as it can be an overwhelming experience. When you have four other people telling you what they think before you’ve even had a chance to process how you feel, you can be left feeling very confused. Remember you will always try your dress on a few times and they can always come and see you in it at a later date and help you pick veils or tiaras.
2) What’s the biggest mistake people make when choosing their wedding dress?
Brides coming in to choose their dress with only six months till their wedding. Some designers take up to six months to arrive in store once you have ordered them and then you need time for fitting, I hate putting pressure on anyone to make a decision but I have found more ladies are leaving it late. If they don’t make a decision then we are unable to get the dress in time for their wedding.
3) What’s the best or most unique thing about your service?
From the moment a bride walks in (or rings up) the experience should be fun and friendly; my team and I pride ourselves on having the knowledge to advise on styles, shapes and fabrics to make you look and feel amazing. We are here to help and you will always get an honest response to any questions and what we think you look good in. I have worked with my designers for years and the quality, fit and price is why I have kept working with them. I know I’m here to sell wedding dresses but I would honestly rather you came in and enjoyed your appointment. Even if we don’t have your dream dress I will do my best to help steer you in the right direction as to where you could find it. I think this makes Victoria’s Bridal Boutique a little different.
You can see more of Vicky’s amazing dresses over on her website – check it out and tell her I said hi!