Here I talk about my ridiculous love of cats, cake, coffee, guitars…and weddings, of course.
“Dan was our absolutely brilliant wedding photographer and I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending him because I simply couldn’t fault him if I tried. We’re so happy with our photos, he managed to capture the best moments!”
Morag & James
Instead of bombarding you with all the usual wedding photographer cliches (“I love taking beautiful photos of couples’ special day!” etc etc blah blah zzzzz), I thought I’d give you a brief insight into my photographic journey.
Brace yourself, and drink plenty of coffee.
- I received my first camera when I was 6, a Kodak Instamatic. If that doesn’t give my age away, nothing will.
- I’m also a keen guitarist, and luckily one of my neighbours is hard of hearing.
- The other neighbour, however, isn’t (we don’t speak).
- My wife is a nurse and has worked in sexual health, as well as in some of the busiest A&E’s in London.
- She’s seen horrors of which I can only imagine (and she has to wake up next to me as well, so spare a thought).
- I’m originally from Essex (keep it to yourself please), and live in Bexleyheath, Kent.
- I’m within touching distance of some beautiful countryside and gorgeous wedding venues, but I also travel all over the country photographing weddings.
- I’m addicted to coffee. And cake. Preferably consumed together.
- My wife and I have a tiny ginger girl cat called Pip who we love more than life itself, even if she does bring moths in at night and kill them in front of us. Bless.
- Could be mice I suppose, so we count our blessings.
- She used to attack my feet in bed, but has grown out of that. Moths are enough to keep her busy for now, it seems.
- I have five guitars, which isn’t anywhere near enough
- My wife disagrees with the above statement, and thinks four of those are too many
- I like to think I have a great sense of humour, and I’ll happily mingle with all your guests sharing a laugh and a joke.
- Think of me as one of your guests, but one who happens to take some pretty decent photographs too.
- I have a serious wanderlust. Croatia last year, Crete this year, next year..?
- I drink far too much coffee.
- I once sat next to Dermot O’Leary for a year at VIth Form College. Whenever I entered the classroom he’d exclaim, “Dan Dan! He’s our man! If he can’t do it, no-one can!”
- So far that’s my only real claim to fame.
- Did I mention I drink too much coffee?
So that’s me! If you’d like to work with a caffeine-addicted, cat-loving, guitar-playing wedding photographer, then I’d love to hear from you.
- Photography (like, duh…)
- Music (it’s the food of love, don’t you know)
- Guitars (the neighbours love me)
- Cake (my waistline doesn’t love me)
- Liverpool FC (CHAMPIONS…for now, at least…)
- My wife (she’s a nurse and she’s gorgeous)
- Cats (we have one – Pip)
- Travel (please go away Coronavirus so we can travel again. Sigh…)
- Coffee (combine it with cake, and it’s game over. Drooool).