Here I talk about my ridiculous love of cats, cake, coffee, guitars…and weddings, of course.
Instead of bombarding you with all the usual wedding photographer cliches (“I love taking beautiful photos of couples’ special day!” etc etc blah blah zzzzz), I thought I’d give you a brief insight into my photographic journey.
Brace yourself, and drink plenty of coffee.
- I received my first camera when I was 6, a Kodak Instamatic. If that doesn’t give my age away, nothing will.
- I’m also a keen guitarist, and luckily one of my neighbours is hard of hearing.
- The other neighbour, however, isn’t (we don’t speak).
- My wife is a nurse and has worked in sexual health, as well as in some of the busiest A&E’s in London.
- She’s seen horrors of which I can only imagine (and she has to wake up next to me as well, so spare a thought).
- I’m originally from Essex (keep it to yourself please), and live in Bexleyheath, Kent.
- I’m within touching distance of some beautiful countryside and gorgeous wedding venues, but I also travel all over the country photographing weddings.
- I’m addicted to coffee. And cake. Preferably consumed together.
- My wife and I have a tiny ginger girl cat called Pip who we love more than life itself, even if she does bring moths in at night and kill them in front of us. Bless.
- Could be mice I suppose, so we count our blessings.
- She used to attack my feet in bed, but has grown out of that. Moths are enough to keep her busy for now, it seems.
- I have five guitars, which isn’t anywhere near enough
- My wife disagrees with the above statement, and thinks four of those are too many
- I like to think I have a great sense of humour, and I’ll happily mingle with all your guests sharing a laugh and a joke.
- Think of me as one of your guests, but one who happens to take some pretty decent photographs too.
- I have a serious wanderlust. Croatia last year, Crete this year, next year..?
- I drink far too much coffee.
- I once sat next to Dermot O’Leary for a year at VIth Form College. Whenever I entered the classroom he’d exclaim, “Dan Dan! He’s our man! If he can’t do it, no-one can!”
- So far that’s my only real claim to fame.
- Did I mention I drink too much coffee?
So that’s me! If you’d like to work with a caffeine-addicted, cat-loving, guitar-playing wedding photographer, then I’d love to hear from you.
- Photography (like, duh…)
- Music (it’s the food of love, don’t you know)
- Guitars (the neighbours love me)
- Cake (my waistline doesn’t love me)
- Liverpool FC (hopefully I won’t have to wait another 30 years…)
- My wife (she’s a nurse and she’s gorgeous)
- Cats (we have one – Pip)
- Travel (Greek islands ftw)
- Coffee (combine it with cake, and it’s game over. Drooool).